Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Horrors' new LP - the better way for them

The Horrors, British garage punk rock band from Southend, U.K. are gonna release their 2nd album, Primary Colours on May 4th 2009 but somehow, I've listened to their full new album ! (Just got it last week !)

(Primary Colours' album cover)

In my opinion, the new one seems to be much better than the previous one does, even if I don't even like them that much but I think, their first album is too heavy (full of shouts !) and it's really not my type at all. In fact, I don't really like Strange House (umm.. don't like and don't hate as well - a so-so garage punk album - but I really hate the band's outfits and haircuts so much !), though some songs are really nice and I like them, such as Count In Fives and Little Victories. But for Primary Colours, they've changed their tunes so much - it just seems like a bit softer and calmer - not too heavy but slightly more horrific. I can really tell you all that this sounds a bit like Joy Division's - this could be the '80s revival, I think.
I fell in love with Sea Within A Sea, their first single for promoting this album when I first heard it on someone's page. Who Can Say , Do You Remember , Scarlet Fields and Primary Colours are also interesting. Who Can Say is totally outstanding - in Primary Colours, I like it most, either that or Primary Colours. OH MY GOD ! NME Magazine gives them 9/10 ! HOT or HYPE ?
Besides, their new looks are so much better, too - their outfits are more simple (though they're all black - just like the same) and their hair styles aren't that scary haircuts anymore but they look so much like fucking psychos more ! However, it's so much better, please trust me.

(Strange House's album cover)

The Horrors consist of Faris Badwan (Vocals) , Joshua Third (Guitar) , Tomethy Furse (Bass - 1st album and synths - 2nd album) , Spider Webb (Keyboards - 1st album and Bass - 2nd album) and Coffin Joe (Drums). I really adore their vocalist, Faris Badwan (Faris Rotter) since I first saw him on their myspace after releasing the first album, though I don't really like his bandmates ! Their looks in that time made me think of some scary gothic bands (Yeah, actually, they are !). They always wear all the black outfits - all over their body nothing isn't black ! and all of them usually act like being in some horror films ! (Sorry, they're The Horrors - I fogot it !) For their first album, Strange House, their haircuts in that time really made me scared ! (except Faris, my beloved vocalist hehehe), especially Joshua Third ! I know, he has loads of fans but I really dislike his haircut in that time - his hair style wasn't too bad but I really hate his hair color - black all over the head with blonde on his bangs ! (Actually, his new haircut isn't much different from the old one (Who can tell me how he can see the world with his messy long bangs ? If I were him, I would cut them off or at least make them shorter - I totally see nothing ! He's possibly handsome but who knows ??! Nobody has ever seen his clear face !) but at least, it's almost black all over his head - his blonde bangs decrease). That's why I really dislike Faris's bandmates - they usually make me scared of them ! Only Faris is awesome for me. He is the one who has never made me scared and he's so tall and thin, 6'5"-6'6" - taller is better, right ? He's not so much handsome like someone like Nick Valensi, even they both are so tall and thin. But he's awesome and slightly handsome I can really tell ! Uhh... once he dated our beloved model/TV presenter, Alexa Chung and that young British celebrity, Peaches Geldof. Chung and Geldof (both Peaches and Pixie) are now close friends.
Finally, I'm so glad to know that in their new album, everyone seems to be more ordinary and it's just better !

(Faris Badwan, vocalist)
Now.. let's watch their new music videos for the new album, Primary Colours
The Horrors - Sea Within A Sea (The cool one, I like this video - in the end, Faris just has nothing to do (it's musical part), so he just walks all around the place and can't stop walking !)


The Horrors - Who Can Say (No more blood or even horrible scenes !!? The New Horrors is better ! Faris in this video is freaking cool and so much handsome - at least, no-one can deny that ! The white suit suits Faris' manly shape so much - I LOVE IT)

No comments:

Post a Comment